|Seeking Project Managers with Construction Industry Experience for Growing Firm. We are currently looking for a Project Manager with at least five years of industry experience. This position will manage projects through interaction with customers, field crews, and/or subcontractors to perform residential and commercial construction.This is an exciting opportunity to join Urban Eco Construction (UEC). UEC is insured and licensed in the state of Georgia as a top tier unrestricted General Contractor, which includes both commercial and residential construction. We are members of the United States Green Building Council, Board Members of the Atlanta Green Building Council, Members of Builder America, Energy Star Partners, EPA- Lead Free trained and certified, Certified EarthCraft Builders, and have LEED (AP) certified staff in house. This position entails being a visible part of a high energy team in this fast-growing office environment.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Prepare a complete estimate for selected project with a detailed review of proposal specifications, drawings, take-off information, and contract requirements Manage overall performance of construction projects
- Provide initial client contact to assess scope of work and resources required to successfully complete projects.
- Supervise the total construction effort to ensure projects are constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. This includes interfacing with client representatives, consultants, architects, and other contractors and key trades.
- Plan, organize, coordinate, and monitor onsite functions within budgetary and operational capabilities.
- Supervise contractors as required.
- Provide technical assistance as required. Initiate and maintain extra work estimating and issuance of change orders.
- Assume responsibility for productivity of contractors, efficient use of materials & equipment, and contractual performance of the project.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within the boundaries of corporate policy.
- Represent the company in project meetings; assist in strategy meetings, etc.
- Track and manage financial aspects of contracts on time and on budget.
- Review proposal specifications and drawings, and attend pre-bid meetings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
Minimum requirements to be considered include:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in the construction industry
- Construction and job costing experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications and accounting/estimating software and Microsoft Project.
- Able to work well as a team player.
- Problem solving/troubleshooting ability.
- Strong communication and organizational skills, with an attention to detail and a commitment to follow-through.
UEC provides an excellent work environment, and a solid career path for the employee that excels.